Sponsored by the Department of Computer Science
The student must take at least 5 courses to satisfy the technical coursework requirement. These courses may be distributed as follows:
- At least 4 graduate-level CS courses
- At least 3 must be taught by the WSE CS Department (course numbers 601.6xx, 601.7xx)
- Please find the WSE CS Department course listing and syllabus here: https://www.cs.jhu.edu/academic-programs/undergraduate-studies/undergraduate-and-graduate-course-information/
- One course (605.6xx or 605.7xx) may be selected from a list of EP courses preapproved by the WSE CS Department. Please find a list of pre-approved EP courses here.
- At most 1 graduate-level WSE elective course, with the approval of the CS advisor.
- The student must present a formal, written rationale for selecting any non-CS course, together with a copy of the course syllabus. The rationale should include a clear statement of the relationship to the student’s career goals. It should also explain the computational aspects of the course.
- The written rationale, syllabus, and advisor’s approval will be kept with the student’s MSEM records.
- Approval is completely at the discretion of the CS advisor.
- Approval of any individual student’s elective course will not create a precedent guaranteeing that other students will be able to count the same course toward their 5 course requirement
- No more than three graduate-level courses may be taken in one semester by MSEM students in this track.
- EN.663.657 Innovation and Design II does not count toward the CS track.