Please review the requirements below before submitting your application.
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- GRE* (JHU undergraduates applying are not required to submit GRE scores)
JHU Institution Code: 4655; Engineering Management Code: 1699
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge (waived for applicants whose native language is English as well as international applicants who have received or will receive a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an institution in any country for which English is the native language) TOEFL minimum score for acceptance is 100 (internet based), 7.0 minimum score for IELTS, and 185 for Cambridge.
TOEFL Code for JHU WSE: C559
- Statement of Purpose
- Transcripts (original)
- No application fee!
- Please visit the Whiting School of Engineering’s website for complete information on the graduate school’s application requirements.
- Please note that incomplete or unsubmitted applications cannot be reviewed by Johns Hopkins University.
- All application documents must be provided in English (either the original or translations of the original documents). If you are unable to secure translations to English, we recommend that you contact World Education Services.
Supporting documentation should be uploaded electronically on Slate.
Supporting documentation unable to be uploaded should be mailed, in one envelope, to the following address:
Johns Hopkins University
Full-time Studies in Arts, Sciences and Engineering
Graduate Affairs and Admissions Office
W601 Wyman Park Building
3400 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Please note: The Graduate Affairs and Admissions Office will only accept regular mail, Certified Mail, UPS, DHL, and FedEx deliveries.
Johns Hopkins University requires graduate students to have English proficiency for their course of study. Graduate students must be able to read, speak, and write English fluently upon their arrival. Successful study demands understanding oral lectures and taking comprehensive notes during lectures. Applicants whose native language is not English must submit proof of their proficiency in English before they can be offered admissions and before a visa certificate can be issued. Johns Hopkins prefers a minimum score of 600 (paper-based) or 250 (computer-based) or 100 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), and for the IELTS, a bandscore of 7, and for Cambridge a score of 185. The Graduate Admissions Office requires original copies of all results. This requirement is waived for applicants whose native language is English as well as international applicants who have received or will receive a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an institution in any country for which English is the native language.