Each applicant will apply for admission in a specific technical track within the MSEM program, and students will also take a suite of management courses through the Management Track.
You can review how to submit your application here.
To be admitted to the MSEM program, applicants must have:
- An accredited bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering discipline (or the equivalent of such a degree).
- Johns Hopkins undergraduates wishing to pursue a concurrent bachelors/masters degree, please click here. If you are graduating from your undergrad program before the fall, you are not a combined student; please apply as a full-time graduate student.
- Sufficient prerequisite knowledge to enroll and succeed in the advanced technical courses for their proposed track (or willingness to enroll in any prerequisites for these courses). Please see the desired background cited by each technical track.
- If you are interested in the distance program through EP, please find more on the program & its requirements here.
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- GRE* (JHU undergraduates applying are not required to submit GRE scores)
JHU Institution Code: 4655; Engineering Management Code: 1699
- TOEFL or IELTS (waived for applicants whose native language is English as well as international applicants who have received or will receive a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an institution in any country for which English is the native language) TOEFL minimum score for acceptance is 100 (internet based) and 7.0 minimum score for IELTS.
TOEFL Code for JHU WSE: C559
- Statement of Purpose
- Transcripts (original)
- $25 application fee
- Please refer to the main admissions website for full details: https://engineering.jhu.edu/admissions/graduate-admissions/full-time-programs/how-to-apply/general-application-requirements/
Mailing Address for Application Materials
Supporting documentation should be uploaded electronically on Slate.
Supporting documentation unable to be uploaded should be mailed, in one envelope, to the following address:
Johns Hopkins University
Full-time Studies in Arts, Sciences and Engineering
Graduate Affairs and Admissions Office
W601 Wyman Park Building
3400 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Please note: The Graduate Affairs and Admissions Office will only accept regular mail, Certified Mail, UPS, DHL and Fed Ex deliveries.
All application documents must be provided in English (either the original or translations of the original documents). If you are unable to secure translations to English, we recommend that you contact World Education Services.
Please note that application information is not available to Johns Hopkins University until applicants officially submit their online applications.
Johns Hopkins University requires graduate students to have English proficiency for their course of study. Graduate students must be able to read, speak, and write English fluently upon their arrival. Successful study demands understanding oral lectures and taking comprehensive notes during lectures. Applicants whose native language is not English must submit proof of their proficiency in English before they can be offered admissions and before a visa certificate can be issued. Johns Hopkins prefers a minimum score of 600 (paper-based) or 250 (computer-based) or 100 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), and for the IELTS, a bandscore of 7. The Graduate Admissions Office requires original copies of all results. This requirement is waived for applicants whose native language is English as well as international applicants who have received or will receive a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an institution in any country for which English is the native language.