Master of Science in Engineering Management (MSEM) Technical Concentration in Cybersecurity
Requirements on Students’ Preparation
- Entering students are expected to have completed a program of study equivalent to that required by at least an undergraduate minor in computer science and a computer science BS is recommended.
- Applicants from other disciplines must have coursework (or equivalent experience) in Computer System Fundamentals, Programming, Data Structures, and Discrete Math.
- If the necessary background courses are lacking, students must take undergraduate courses to possess these prerequisites. These courses will not count toward the MSEM degree but will appear on the transcript.
- A combination of five graduate courses, 600-level or higher, are taken from the Information Security Institute (https://isi.jhu.edu/academics/program-requirements-2/mssi-course-distribution/), required as below:
- Two courses from the Core Technology and/or the Elective Technology course lists;
- One Core Policy course and one Core Management course;
- The fifth course from any of the above course categories.
- No more than three graduate-level courses by the Information Security Institute may be taken in one semester by an MSEM student in this concentration.
- Alternative selections are allowed at the advisor’s discretion.